All Appropriate Inquiry / Phase I & II Environmental Site AssessmentsRead More »
Under current environmental law, property owners are liable for contamination that exists on a property if they do not perform All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) prior to purchase. A Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) is, therefore, performed to determine the probability of any environmental contamination, or recognized environmental conditions, on the property.
With a Phase I ESA, TVG Environmental LLC’s clients receive a detailed report stating whether there are any recognized environmental conditions associated with the property. Each assessment report is individually peer-reviewed by an environmental professional.
TVG has performed thousands of ESAs since 1988 and has accumulated a vast array of historical information that expedites and enhances the thoroughness of TVG’s Phase I ESAs. Should subsequent environmental testing be necessary TVG’s skilled and licensed professionals can perform a Phase II ESA with soil, groundwater & vapor sampling using TVG’s in-house equipment.
Drycleaner Sites (Investigation, Remediation & Closure)Read More »
The Tennessee Drycleaner Environmental Response Program (DCERP) is part of the State of Tennessee’s Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Remediation, and provides technical assistance and funds for the investigation and remediation of environmental contamination from active and abandoned dry cleaning sites.
TVG Environmental, LLC is a Drycleaner Approved Contractor (DCAC) for facility inspections, investigative work, remediation oversight and remediation work under the DCERP, and is one of the most active consultants for drycleaners in Tennessee. TVG has established a reputation of high quality work at low cost.
TVG has successfully used a variety of remediation methods, and many of TVG’s drycleaner sites have received “response complete” or “no further action” letters from the DCERP.
Underground and Above Ground Storage Tanks (Investigation, Remediation & Closure)Read More »
TVG Environmental, Inc. has provided UST and AST services for a quarter century at hundreds of sites. Since TVG has an environmental contracting license and is approved by the Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation, Division of Underground Storage Tanks as a “Corrective Action Contractor”, we can provide comprehensive UST and AST services including:
- UST & AST removal and closure
- Site investigation, characterization & remediation
For unregulated tanks, TVG can provide closure services under a state voluntary entry program that terminates with the issuance of a notice of “No Further Action” from the state. Whether the client has a 100-gallon tank or a bulk facility, TVG has the experience and ability to perform the work in a timely fashion at a reasonable price.
Brownfield Sites (Investigation, Remediation & Closure)Read More »
The broad base of environmental engineering available within TVG Environmental, LLC, coupled with TVG’s excellent working relationship with the Tennessee Brownfield Program staff, has allowed TVG to assist its clients to return several environmentally impaired sites into usable real estate. TVG’s more significant brownfield projects include:
- Treatment and removal of lead contamination at a former military firing range
- Remediation of a century-old coal yard to allow for redevelopment into a state of the art vehicular maintenance facility
- Remediation of a historical inner city railroad exchange yard with railroad workshops to allow for redevelopment into a prestigious mixed-use development that includes residential, retail and offices
- Remediation and renovation of a large former industrial facility to allow for for new industrial and commercial use
Indoor Air Quality (Mold, Asbestos, Radon, Vapor Intrusion, Odors)Read More »
TVG Environmental, LLC provides services for the following concerns:
- Water & moisture intrusion
- Vapor intrusion
- Indoor air quality complaints – odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Industrial hygiene
In all cases, these concerns commence with an inspection that is typically followed by media sampling and laboratory analysis. Once the problem is identified, an appropriate remediation strategy is recommended.
Drilling Services and/or Soil & Groundwater SamplingRead More »
When it comes to soil and groundwater sampling TVG Environmental, LLC has the right equipment for the job. We own direct push and rock drilling equipment, including a 4 x 4 truck-mounted main rig, and a small portable ancillary rig that can pass through a standard 32″ x 80″ doorway, thereby allowing subsurface investigations inside a facility where a normal, full-sized rig cannot enter.
TVG’s environmental professionals, operators and technicians provide cost-effective and expeditious subcontracted soil and groundwater sampling services for consultants, contractors and others who do not have their own equipment.
Recent projects include remediation of contamination of the site of a large former heavy industrial facility, including the total demolition of the facility, for future commercial use
- Air Permitting
- Baseline Property Condition Assessments
- Business Environmental Risk Assessment
- Environmental Compliance Auditing
- Hazardous Materials & Wastes Characterization & Disposal
- Industrial Hygiene Investigation and Compliance
- Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion (MIC) Investigation and Mitigation
- Moisture & Water Intrusion Damage Investigation and Remediation
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permitting
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure Plans (SPCC Plans)
- Vapor Encroachment (Assessment & Mitigation)